Do you remember the cartoon, Little Lulu? I’m not talking about her today.
Today is my sister Cindy’s birthday. Her nickname is Lulu.
- I made her a (paper) birthday cake on the day she was born with one candle on it. I even put the sticker I earned that day on the back, and sent it to her while she was still at the hospital. (She must not have liked it much because she didn’t bring it home.)
- She told one of the teachers most of us had for second grade that an upcoming sibling was “different.” (She was right, too! We’re all different!) 😉
Baby Deegan and his Grandmommy
- When she was nine years old, Omega was born. Mom said she rarely had to get up for middle-of-the-night feedings, because Cindy got there with a warmed bottle first. (Cindy is a great mom! We learned from the best.)
Not quite all of Lulu’s Crew. (Two babies missing.)
- People get Cindy and Debbie mixed up a lot. Debbie always wanted to be twins.
- People get Debbie and me mixed up once in a while. Triplets? (Dreaming here. Sigh.)
- Cindy has five (count ’em. F-I-V-E!!!) children. Only two of these are them. 🙂
Here’s a couple more and one from above. (Clean up well, don’t they?)
Another favorite memory . . . when I was pregnant with #1 Son, G-Man was on 24 hour call so Lulu attended Lamaze classes with me. Not exactly fun, but sweet.
Saturdays when we were kids was when Mama rolled our hair for Sunday.
- When I had #1 and no one could (or would) figure out how to help me breast feed him, I told Lulu that when she became a nurse to never let a mama go home without helping her figure it out. Today she’s a certified Lactation Consultant–or something like that. Anyway, her job is to help mamas figure out how to breast feed their babies before they go home. She minds well, doesn’t she? 🙂
Lulu at her oldest daughter’s wedding. Beautiful, isn’t she?
So . . . why do we call her Lulu? I’ll let you guess. (If you know the answer, make up a better one and post it here.) 😛