Momma’s Blue Ribbon hot Rolls
- Scald 2 C. milk
- 1-3/4 C. cold water
- Pour over
- 2 tsp salt
- 5 T Crisco, melted
- 1/2 C sugar
Stir until the milk, water, sugar mixture is lukewarm.
Add 2 cakes yeast mixed with 1/4 C lukewarm water.
- Add 10 C flour, working until dough is stiff.
- Let set on floured board 10 minutes.
- Work down (knead) and put in greased pan (or bowl).
- Let rise 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Work down.
- Let rise again until finger prints stay in dough when pinched. (I don’t know how long that is. Probably at least 30 minutes.)
- Make into rolls
- Let rise 30 minutes.
Bake 20 minutes at 400 degrees.