Happy birthday, Grandmother!
We miss you and love you and can’t wait to see you again–in the sweet bye-and-bye. Thank you for your love, your friendship and companionship.
And the memories–
- Living in your house (with Mom, Dad and Deb) until I was four.
- You moving next door to us when I was six.
- The only swat you ever gave me.
- The day you were baptised.
- Your interest in everything in life.
- Your noodles.
- Your pineapple chiffon pie.
- Your love of cats.
- And more than anything, your love for your family.
And the stories you told!
About the sister you never knew, because she caught her dress on fire and died.
Of having to carry Dad all over Tulsa when he was a big old five-year-old.
Milking the cow that time when everyone worked late into the night.
The night Paul turned the tractor over and you stayed home with Phyllis and Dad while Frank and Granddad rescued him. (How you did that, I’ll never know.)
I’m so glad I knew you. I love you!
Happy, happy birthday.