Swiped this from Cheryl Brown’s Facebook page. I went to her FB page to check on her mama, who’s in the hospital. We’re praying for Janyce and we’re trusting God.
1. You can properly pronounce Eufaula, Gotebo, Okemah, and Chickasha .
2. You think that people who complain about the wind in their states are sissies.
4. Your idea of a traffic jam is ten cars waiting to pass a tractor on the highway.
5. You’ve ever had to switch from “heat” to “A/C” in the same day. Well, duh. Don’t they do that in other states?
6. You know that the true value of a parking space is not determined by the distance to the door, but by the availability of shade. You know it if you’ve ever worn shorts to drive in!
7. Stores don’t have bags, they have sacks.
8. You see people wear bib overalls at funerals. And weddings. 🙂
9. You think everyone from a bigger city has an accent. And they think we have one! G-Man, who grew up ten miles north of me, told me I had an accent when we got married. Got over it, though.
10. You measure distance in minutes. (“I’m about 5 minutes away.”) They do that in NYC. “Just walk that direction for five minutes.”
11. You refer to the capital of Oklahoma as “The City.”
12. It doesn’t bother you to use an airport named for a man who died in an airplane crash. Your point is???
13. Little smokies are something you serve only for special occasions.
14. You go to the lake because you think it is like going to the ocean. Not sure I get this one. Can anyone help me with it?
15. You listen to the weather forecast before picking out an outfit.
16. You know cow-pies are not made of beef.
17. Someone you know has used a football schedule to plan their wedding date. LOL! Yeah, but it was funny then, too.
18. You have known someone who has had one belt buckle bigger than your fist. Doesn’t everyone?
19. A bad traffic jam involves two cars staring each other at a four- way stop, each determined to be the most polite and let the other go first. 😛
20. You know in which state “Miam-uh” is and in which state “Miam-ee” is.
21. You aren’t surprised to find movie rental, ammunition, and bait all in the same store.
22. Your “place at the lake” has wheels under it.
23. A Mercedes Benz is not a status symbol. A Ford F350 4×4 is.
24. You know everything goes better with Ranch. Well, yeah.
25. You learned how to shoot a gun before you learned how to multiply.
26. You actually get these jokes and are “fixin” to send them to your friends. Nope. Share ’em on my blog. 🙂
27. Finally, you are 100% Oklahoman if you have ever heard this conversation:
“You wanna Coke?”