Confession: I am (was?) a BIG LOVE fan.
I know, I know. I’m awful. G-Man was appalled when I started watching at the beginning of the series. (Although he did get caught up in it, too.)
My friends compared seeing the show to watching a snake in the room.
I can’t help it. I loved BIG LOVE!
Why? I’m not sure. I could never be in a plural marriage. I’m very jealous, or maybe I’m selfish, but I like being the one and only. And if my man ever suggested dragging in another spouse, I’d have to break his nose–or something. 😉
That said, the set up for Big Love was perfect. Here’s why.
- The wives all lived in separate houses, so they weren’t fighting over who was the boss of the house or who had to do which chore.
- The wives had extremely different personalities so Bill wasn’t marrying the same woman, over and over. And it made for great conflict!
- Although the kids lived in the house with their own mother, the other mothers loved them like they were literally their own. No jealousy over kids and what they received.
Did I like the way it ended? No.
But then, I didn’t like that it ended at all.
*Big Pout Finished*
(I never can keep a pout going for long.)
So . . . anybody watching DANCING WITH THE STARS this season? What’d you think of Kirstie? (I loved her!)
- ‘Big Love’: An appreciation from a ‘Big’ fan (insidetv.ew.com)
- Bye-bye Big Love family (canada.com)
- Big Love Series Finale (Video) (sugarslam.com)
- Big Love Finale: Big Bang or Big Letdown? (popmorsels.com)