I’ve learned a few things in my life. (As old as I am, I’d have to be super dense not to!) They might be true only in my mind, but I thought I’d share a few with you this morning anyway.
- Love is. Real Love, that is, is. The kind of love that makes one person willing to lay down his life for another as opposed to the, I-love-you-for-what-you-do-for-me kind. Real Love doesn’t die, wear out, fade out or turn off.
- Real Love is, it doesn’t die, wear out, etc, but it can be killed.
- There’s not much a child can do to make a normal mother stop loving him.
- There’s a lot of things a child can do that can make a normal mother want to kill him. (Especially telling tales in Sunday School.)
- Falling in love might be easy, but staying in love for a lifetime isn’t. Sometimes it takes work, sometimes amnesia, sometimes stubbornness and tenacity, and nearly always a sense of humor . (Sorry to burst romantic bubbles, but it’s true.)
- No matter how much you plan or how many hours each person works, when the children come, somehow most of the responsibility falls on the mother. (Especially if you give them the gift of breast feeding.)
- Nothing’s easy. Well, maybe a few things are easy for some people, but for the most part, anything worth your while is going to take some work.
- The only thing in life that doesn’t change is the fact that everything in life changes.
- Exception–God never changes. He’s the same today, tomorrow and forever.
- God is Love. I think I could make a case that when you fall in love with another person, a man/woman relationship or a mother and her baby, whether you’re a Christian or not, you have God in your life. I’m not sure everyone (or anyone) will agree.
- If you want to be loved, you have to love.
- If you want to be forgiven, you have to forgive.
- The happiest people aren’t looking for happiness themselves but rather for someone else.
- One person can’t make another person be happy. (Not really an exception to #11, but it sounds like it.)
- True happiness comes from your heart, not the things around you or the size of your bank account.
- “Tomorrow is another day,” said Scarlett. IOW: If at first you don’t succeed, give it another shot.
- God has a fantastic sense of humor. If you don’t believe me, think about human reproduction. And just look at Giraffes, anteaters and chimpanzees.
- God loves a good laugh. He gave us freedom of choice, didn’t he?