I went with my man to check a few wells the other day, and since it’s springtime in Okieland, I took my camera along.
Don’t you just love wildflowers? I do! They’re like a gift, straight from God. All that beauty, and I didn’t have to do a thing except enjoy it. But my dad and son killed a rattlesnake at one of the wells a few years back, so I didn’t venture where I couldn’t see the ground and a long way around.
Most family like to eat the same things, don’t they?
The state planted lots of IPs along roadways here in Okieland. They make beautiful orange swaths of color, but it’s a little difficult to stop where they are and get a picture. 😦 This one was all by herself.I don’t know the name of this blue beauty, either. I’m sure I’ve heard it.
Toward the top of the picture, you can see the fruit forming.
I love blackberries. So do chiggers. And, I’ve been told over and over, snakes.
I told G-Man it was one of Bonnie and Clyde’s old getaway cars.
He didn’t know the make or model either, but he said it originally came in any color you wanted.
As long as it was black. LOL! (I think Mr. Ford said that first.)
Anybody out there a wildflower aficionado? Care to share a few names with me?
- Wildflowers (the-diligent-dilettante.blogspot.com)
- Amazing Wildflower (segmation.wordpress.com)
- Wildflower Gardening Tips (gomestic.com)
- wildflower Wednesday, wildflower slope (islandthreads.wordpress.com)
- Another Wildflower Bloom Report By Boyce Thompson Arboretum (naturalhistorywanderings.com)