Sister Cindy’s having a birthday today. Because she’s my younger sister, and it would in a way be telling on myself, I won’t tell you her age. 🙂 (Mama always said, “A woman who’ll tell her age will tell anything,” and I agree.)
So how will my sister celebrate? Probably by going to work. She works at a T-Town hospital, helping new mamas who want to feed their babies the “right” way. (She an RN and a Lactation Something-or-other.)
Little known facts about Sister Cindy:
- A riproaring success as a preschool model in a fashion show in the basement of the Methodist Church.
- The quietest Spess kid.
- Told the second grade teacher who’d taught the first three Spess girls and was preparing to teach #4, “She isn’t like the rest of us.”
- Was left at church TWICE, and had to be taken home by the preacher.
- Wore braces on her teeth. (As did all the Spess sisters except #4. She really was different.)
- Could have been the New Shirley Temple . . . if she’d had blond hair. And corkscrew curls.
- Got Mama’s hands.
- The only Spess Sister with a college degree. (With five kids to outsmart, she needed it!)
- Uncle Charlie liked her best. (Everyone else might have like her best, but Uncle Charlie didn’t try to hide it.)
- FFA Sweetheart!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Sister Cindy. Hope it’s a great one!